How to Meditate workshop
Are you interested to learn practical mindfulness exercises to improve focus and concentration, and better manage, lrelate to and reduce stress and anxiety?
Curious about meditation but not sure where to begin?
Are you looking to rejuvenate or re-establish your meditation practice?
Sunday 1 December
2pm – 5pm
Suite 5, 24 Enfield Avenue, Preston
$60 ($10 for previous attendees of Melbourne Mindfulness Foundation’s courses)
Who is the workshop for?
Whether you are new to meditation, or a lapsed practitioner looking to return to a regular practice, this workshop is for you. For those wanting to sign up to the 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction course in Preston, Melbourne, this course is the perfect taster!
What will you learn?
- How to improve focus and concentration and reduce stress and anxiety using a variety of meditation techniques
- How to meditate anywhere and at anytime
- How to calm the mind and relax the body using a variety of meditation techniques
- How to relate to difficult thoughts and emotions
- They key attitudes to adopt when meditating.
What meditation practices will be taught?
We will introduce a variety of meditation practices and techniques, including the body scan, awareness of breath, walking and gentle movement and open awareness. Most practices will be guided.
What will you need to bring?
Blankets, cushions, yoga mat – any props you need/like to use when you meditate.